Monday, September 21, 2009

So Proud

Charlie and I are so proud of our Maya. Tonight when we were doing her cough assist machine, she didn't cry at all. AMAZING!!! She was scared still, but she held her head straight for us, didn't squirm around, and clapped with us between reps. The doctors were right. Give it a couple of weeks and they adjust. I hope I'm not writing this too soon and that she really is getting adjusted to it. The beginning was pretty bad. I had to cover it up with a blanket and every time she saw it, she would start crying. We celebrate every time she does it and sing songs to get her through each treatment. She is really coming around.

2 comments:

KC said...

Yay Maya! Glad she is coming around, I am sure that makes it a little easier on you.

Renee said...

I just jumped on and had so much to catch up on!! :) I loved the "20 month highlights" post. Maya is really turning into a toddler with all her cute sayings and everything. I'm so glad you had a lovely trip to Hawaii. I'm sorry though that Maya has had a cough/cold. Haley has had the same for 3 weeks now. I shudder when she coughs in public b/c I really don't think she's contagious at this point but it sounds awful. Yay about the house!!!!! I'm so excited for you guys - I'll bet you love your new layout so much. Oh! I wanted to tell you that I've been known to sneak baby food (sweet potatoes, pears, whatever) in Haley's quesadillas. Just thought that tip might work for you guys too. :) I'm so happy Maya is getting adjusted to the cough assist. Hopefully, that alleviates some stress.