Maya and I joined my parents to Kauai for a week while Charlie had to stay at home and work. Maya did pretty good on the 8-hour flight. She even slept in the tiny bassinet on the plane! The morning we left Houston, Maya's cough sounded pretty bad so at the last minute I decided to take all of her respiratory equipment with me. We took her cough assist, suction and nebulizer. She has had this cough/cold for over 2 weeks now. I still didn't have a pulse ox (to test her oxygen level) and that made me very anxious. When we got to Hawaii we made a trip to the doctor and they said Maya sounded okay. Her oxygen level was okay, too. They were super nice here and had previously dealt with 1 other SMA family who lives on Kauai. We used Maya's cough assist machine, her suction, and her nebulizer just about everyday while on this trip. She HATES it, but what a great thing that I FINALLY used the equipment!
Okay, so now back to the trip. We stayed in Poipu on the south side of Kauai. We had this big condo right across the beach. Kauai has so many beautiful beaches. We drove the entire island and scoped out all the beaches. Maya loves jumping the waves, but the currents were pretty strong so we couldn't stay standing with her for long. I convinced her to play in the sand. Yes, I had to convince her. Lil miss priss doesn't like getting dirty. I showed her how much fun it was to put sand on Mommy. She caved in. From then on, all she wanted to do was play in the sand. She could care less about about being in the water! Here are a few pics of Maya on the beach and with her grandparents.
Other than Maya being sick and fighting all her meals, we had a nice and relaxing week. It was nice to wake up late and not have any appointments to go to. We didn't do any excursions on Kauai, but that's okay because I really enjoyed the time with Maya and my folks.
No comments:
Post a Comment