Monday, September 28, 2009

Maya gets a loaner

wheelchair. Now, should this be a happy day or a sad day? Right now, we are excited about it. Its like getting a new toy for Maya that she really enjoys. Since we are only using it in the house right now, we don't feel as down about the reality of her being in a wheelchair. She is still cute as heck! I didn't take any pictures, but click here to watch the video of her using it.

5 comments:

KC said...

I can definitely see how you are torn about this being a sad or happy day. But I am glad you are choosing happy. I vote happy too and I know you will all 3 love the independence Maya will gain by this new chair. We should think of a fun name for her chair once she gets her more permanent one - or maybe you already have a name?

I want to see the video - I don't see it here!

Sapna said...

KC - click on "here" and it will take you to the link for the video. I will change the text in the blog, too! Ha!

No, no names for her new ride picked out yet. Feel free to suggest!

Sarah said...

She does look like she's having a lot of fun! And I agree with KC, happy that chair offers more independence. She's precious!

Summer said...

Wow, that is amazing! She's a quick learner! She is going to love being able to get around independently and so will you - although it might be a bit of a wake up call too! She'll be getting into ALL sorts of fun things. ;-)

Renee said...

Whoa! I just watched the video and Maya is incredible! I'm very impressed!! I am so excited for her.