Friday, May 29, 2009

Maya is 17 months old today

I can't believe how big our Maya is getting. She is 17 months today. This morning even her therapist commented on how tall she is getting and how much her hair is growing. It was funny, last night I took Maya on a tricycle ride at Grandma's house and her feet nearly touch the ground. What are we going to do in a couple of weeks when she's grown more! She really loves riding around in that tricycle.

So here's a little update on our Maya Bean and what she likes and dislikes these days:

Maya likes riding around in pretty much anything, so I guess we will find something for her. At our house, she still very much likes the car buggy over her stroller. I take her on walks around the neighborhood in the buggy and she is just so excited! We stop and get a flower for behind her ear and we get even better facial expressions.

She is getting pickier and pickier on the foods she eats. I swear just last month she was eating anything we gave her. Now she doesn't want any fruit (pureed or whole), no beef stew (which used to be her favorite forever), no yogurt, no tortillas and very small amounts of bread and pretty much no green veggies except the occasional piece of spinach. She does however still enjoy her Indian food. My goodness, she can't get enough of that stuff! We just mix everything together - rice, chicken curry, yellow curry, spinach and/squash. Sounds gross but she just eats is up. So now we are pretty much down to anything Indian, cheese, oatmeal, eggs and her new favorite is pasta (prefers it plain). Thank goodness for Easy Mac!

As far as talking goes, we are working on it. She is going nuts over "bath" but she is say "bap" and really emphasizes the "p". I keep saying "baTH" and she keeps repeating "bap". One phrase she is really getting good at is "thank you". She says it to everything now. Very well mannered! The one that got me laughing was "thanks". She says it so quick and is trying to be sassy at the same time. I finally got a "please" and an "i love you" out this past week, too. We are really working on "mommy" again. She just doesn't care for it. I think she is getting there with the words. I was a little scared at first since she wasn't saying much, or we just don't know what she is saying yet is really the case, but in the past week and a half she is really picking up on stuff. I guess that means that I have to watch what I say :-)

Her favorite toys these days - her DVD player and magnadoodle. Its hard to tell which toy she is pointing to all the time, but if I bring out those two, we are usually okay. Maya loves pushing toys with buttons and therefore always has to play with mommy's phone, blackberry, laptop and calculator. Maybe that is her way of telling me that I use those items too much?!? Oh and the garage door button. Dare anyone to push it before she does and someone may have a hissy fit! Its the little things I guess.

I am sure I am forgetting a ton of things she is into now. I have to find a way to keep up better. I was writing everything on her calendar, but even got lazy about that, too!

1 comment:

Summer said...

Hah, K is the same way about the garage door button. I'm talking FREAK OUT if I forget and push it myself. But I remember being the same way about elevator buttons with my brother, so it must be a kid fascination. You should be thankful she is still eating that much variety, even though it seems like so much less than what she used to. We're down to about 3 items that I have to interchange.