Monday, March 9, 2009

Our own kind of milestone




Today Maya reached a major milestone. Not one most parents will ever have to witness, but just the start to Maya's future. She pushed herself in her wheeled-stander. I couldn't believe it. I can only compare the feeling must be like watching your child walk for the first time. It was that big. We showed her what to do with the wheels, she put her hand on it, and before I knew it, she was moving....by herself! Maya was excited I could tell. She was just whispering to herself as she wheeled herself to the mirror, about 5 feet, and made a fill circle. You can tell she was like "this is kinda cool cause I'm moving and no one is pushing me!" I am SO proud of her! Only 14 months old and she already knows what to do with these wheels. She only had about half hour, maybe less, in it so next week I am sure we will be amazed once again. I couldn't wait to tell Charlie. This is truly a day to remember.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

That's amazing! I'm so proud for Maya that I have tears in my eyes!

KC said...

I would just be so proud! I definitely was crying with joy for her - she looks like such a big girl and so proud of herself! Keep up the good work Maya!