Friday, February 20, 2009

Mommy and Maya day

I took Maya to see Dr Bhakta again today for a follow-up. Her lungs sound good. She really hasn't been that bad today. Every now and again she coughs and you can hear the congestion, but all in all she's been in a great mood. Dr Bhakta suggested we get a nebulizer (basically a breathing machine) home with us just in case we ever need it. Our appointment with the pulmonologist with cover this but at least we have the nebulizer now in case she needs it this week. There is a lot of respiratory equipment we need, but we had been waiting until the visit next Friday.

Maya and I went to the mall today. It has been SO long since her and I have done anything fun like that together on my Mondays and Fridays off. I was feeling pretty down about it actually because it seems that all we do together is therapy and doctor visits! Every now and again we'll go in the backyard or for stroller rides, but today was the first time her and I went to lunch together in a long time! It was nice to spend time with her like that away from all this SMA stuff.

No comments: