Saturday, January 29, 2011

Goin to the movies

I was finally able to get a night out with Maya. Charlie had a family hunting trip this weekend so the kids and I stayed with my mom. I was so excited to be able to have some one on one time with Maya since Kaden was born. I took her to see Tangled, the story about Rapunzel. I thought this would be easier said than done.

I decided taking the stroller was a must, so I got Maya in the stroller and went into the theatre. Then getting the tickets no problem. Then getting the popcorn, a drink for her and a drink for me was a bit of a challenge when I was trying to hold all of those (without letting the popcorn all fall) and pushing the stroller. That was the first sign of "oh crap, I need some help". The security guard saw me trying to push the stroller with my wrists and offered to help. Next step, go into the movie, leave Maya at the front while I check out a seat. I put the drinks down and popcorn, take out a clorox wipe to clean off the seats and rails (yes, this is what we do to keep the germs away from invading her). Then get Maya from nice security man and put her in the seat. Then watch the seat "eat" Maya and watch her almost fall in the crack. Fun stuff. Security guy gets me a booster - of which I had to clorox - and he watched me like I was a nutcase. Watch Maya wobble around on the booster for a minute until I can get her adjusted. All the while, she is fussing for her popcorn. Alas we were finally settled and Tangled finally started.

I didn't think she would stay awake or watch the entire movie, but I was impressed. She not only watched it all, but she kept along with it and laughed, etc. Maya's not much into movies, more like Dora episodes and SpongeBob and such, so I was happy to see she liked it. The popcorn kept her occupied for the first 20-30 minutes, oftentimes telling me to stop eating it. She does NOT like to share her popcorn.

No comments: