Saturday, January 22, 2011

2 months old

Happy 2 months Kaden! We still think you are a very good baby :-) You don't hardly make a peep during the day but at night you want a little more attention and want to eat nonstop. We have figured out that if you eat more around 10 pm, we can put you down for the night. You are sleeping from 8-9 hours per night and every 3-4 nights you may wake for a feeding. For the most part, you have gained "sleeping all night" status in our book. During the day it seems you are making your own little schedule, often taking a 2-3 hour nap in the morning. If we go in the car to run errands you will sleep more but when we are at home, you seem to wake after about 30 minutes of napping. Oh well, I will take whatever I can get.

You are eating between 4-5 ounces (we think). This month you have tolerated a few feedings that are 3 hours apart, but for the most part, you still want to eat every 2 to 2.5 hours. Not a big deal though because I take you everywhere. We are inseparable actually.

You are wanting to bear weight and jump a little, smiling so much and trying to laugh and telling stories. You are losing that newborn sleeping on the chest moment. Your daddy and I are sad about how quickly that moment passes. You are trying to hold your head up, do great tummy time and love to take baths. Alot less peeing accidents this month and so I can finally stop doing daily loads of laundry.

Here were the stats from your 2-month appointment:
Weight 13 lb 1 oz (75th percentile)
Length 24 inches (81st percentile)

At your appointment, you got one shot with about 3 different things in it and the rotovirus vaccine. We will take you back in a few weeks to get the rest of the vaccines you need. You were SO good for the shots. I think you literally let out a 1 second cry and boom you were done. Good baby!

No comments: