Monday, October 18, 2010

Pregnancy Update - Week 36

Today I am 36 weeks along. Baby boy is making some serious movements. The kind that hurt and take me away for a second. On Saturday morning, we were on our way to the A&M game (my last road trip for sure this time) and I was telling Charlie how weird it was that I hadn't started my Braxton Hicks yet. Funny cause I had them the rest of day and its been going since Saturday. I was out grocery shopping last night and literally couldn't finish. By the time I got to the check out I was taking such small steps. I'm sure people were wondering what the heck was up. Migraines have started and so has the stress of not being ready in time. All this is jsut evidence that the day is coming that we get to meet the little guy. And yes, still no name yet. Charlie and I are really having a hard time on this one. With Maya it was at least narrowed down to two. We have a few things out there with this one, but definitely nothing in the top 10 category yet.

Maternity leave officially starts this Wednesday. We still haven't finished the nursery but its just a matter of time now. We could actually finish it in about 3-4 hours max but just hasn't been the priority. This past week and weekend we got the big things ready like putting together the co-sleeper for our room, play pen for the den, car seat, swing and bouncer. I need to start washing everything this week! I think this weekend I'll hit up Gayla's house for all the rest of the stuff she bought and get to washing all the blankets and picking out his go home outfit. Baby book is en route. Cord blood banking set up. Hospital bag is started.

Next ultrasound is set for October 29th!

1 comment:

KC said...

Hang in there girl! I know you must be so sore and exhausted - I know I was! Enjoy your last few weeks with Maya alone and get lots of cuddle time in. Sounds like you really have everything ready you need and you guys will figure everything else when you have time - don't stress! You don't need all that much for a newborn - just lots of love!