Monday, August 23, 2010

Pregnancy Update - 28 weeks

I am almost 28 weeks now and in my third trimester. Everyone keeps saying that if we didn't go through IVF they would swear that my due date is wrong! I look like I've gained about 30 pounds already, but as of last visit it was 13 pounds. In due time...the pounds will come as they did when I was pregnant with Maya. At 28 weeks with Maya I had gained 10 pounds so I am surprisingly about the same right now.  So the really scary part started early this week. After the trip to Dallas I realized that I couldn't go on my own with Maya anymore. I had so much help when I was there yet the travel still got me so tired and achey. Monday I started to get nauseous and felt fatigued after standing for even half an hour. As the week went on, it was about the same story. I could barely take Maya on a stroller ride the other night. I am just so front heavy and it is putting a lot of pressure on my lower back, which in turn is making me have tightness and maybe even contractions! I have 2 1/2 months to go!! What am I going to do?  I was telling Charlie that I bet I'll go on bed rest before long. My due date is correct as I mentioned so I don't want to take any chances on the baby coming too early - we need a healthy baby with mature lungs!! I'm going to have to start wearing one of those belly support things. And next visit, I'm going to ask for an ultrasound to measure the baby. If its going to be a 9 pounder I need to get prepared! I was going to post a picture but I was just looking and there aren't any of me! I'll work on that for the next month.

2 comments:

Summer said...

Ah, 9 pounders are nothin! ;-) You look great and can't wait to meet the little mister in less than 2 months!

KC said...

Oh man - the pain I had with the second pregancy was so much worse and much earlier on too. I feel for you with everything you have to do. Hopefully the next trimester will zip by and we will be meeting the little man in a blink of an eye!