Sunday, August 22, 2010

Mommy and Maya trip (#3?)

Maya and I took another loner trip this past weekend. This time we headed to Dallas. We had a couple trips last summer to Dallas and Austin, so I thought I could easily handle another one. Right and wrong. Its not that Maya didn't do well, it was me. I've learned my lesson now - don't go anywhere by yourself when you are pregnant and have a 2 year old! But, Charlie is busy at work during the summer and we can't just stay at home every weekend!

We made a stop in Corsicana to have lunch with Nanny and Papaw before we headed to the Keith's house. Maya was taking a nice nap when mommy got pulled over for speeding. I was actually cool about it. Usually my heart races and I just get all worked up. This time, I was calm and relaxed. I hadn't been stopped in a very long time. I asked for a warning, but the officer, while nice, wasn't entertaining it. I signed the ticket. Then, before he walked away, I thought I would take a chance and ask him if he would change his mind if I told him my stepdad was a Lt with the police department. I pulled out my "daughter badge". His first reaction was funny since he hadn't seen one of these badges before, but in a matter of minutes we had Papa John on the phone and the officer let me go. Whew! Close call.

We arrived at the Keith's and Maya was able to play with Kaitlin, Claire, Ben and Joe. KC stopped by as well so we could catch up. Maya was so excited to see K and kept asking to play with her the entire ride up there! Why I have no pictures of this playdate I don't know....

We headed over to my friend Heather's house in McKinney. Maya was quite excited about staying with Brooke, who was turning 1 that day and having her 1st birthday party Saturday. The girls played nicely during the weekend and the party was alot of fun. Maya enjoyed playing with Brooke and all her toys - she even wanted to sit in the playpen with her!

1 comment:

KC said...

We definitely had a great time seeing you two - thanks for including us in your whirlwind trip to Dallas! I agree - it's hard to travel alone that pregnant. I drove down to Houston alone in March for the NCAAs and it just about did me in. :-)