Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Sitting on the potty

Tonight Maya asked us to sit on the potty. Up until now we haven't really pushed the subject with her. I read somewhere that kids weren't ready until they woke up dry from nighttime and naps. Maya wakes up full so we thought we should wait. Anyway, she wanted to sit and she made it like it was a game. I put the top down (she didn't know the difference, right?) and she reached for the toilet paper and said "I wipe". Ok....and then the best part. She takes my hand and strains her face and says "push". You know, like she is pushing something out. Nice. I guess it is time to go potty shopping. This outta be fun.

4 comments:

KC said...

Haha! This cracks me up - what a little personality. You will have to keep us up to date on your progress. My mom has a little attachment that makes the real toilet a kiddy toilet and that seems the most comfortable for Ben - he seems to cramped on the little floor potties - just my two cents!

Sapna said...

We will have to try that out! Thanks for the advice. I was originally only going to use the one that you mentioned, but realized that we may have some issues until we get a handicap toilet. If she falls off the floor one, its not as bad as the big toilet. Fun times....and the toilet attachment is better because you don't have to dump the pee and poop into the real toilet. Yuck.

KC said...

Definitely lots to think about - she won't be as cramped as Ben since he's not exactly as petite as Maya! :-) We have the little potty and not the attachment, but he still hates it. My mom is pushing it harder than us (we aren't at all yet), hence why she even has an attachment! I guess cleaning out a potty isn't any worse than diapers???

Good luck!

Unknown said...

Very cute! Good job, Maya.