Maya had her sleep study last night. For those unfamiliar, a sleep study involves testing brain waves (EEG), heart (EKG), breathing (oxygen levels and carbon dioxide levels), and something else I can't remember at the moment. Anyway, we got Maya's done for the breathing function. To determine if she needs help at night while sleeping using a machine called a BiPap. We have been waiting 6 months for this test!! We arrived at Texas Children's hospital at 6:30. I am sure it was fun to watch me run through the waiting room in an effort to avoid getting coughed or sneezed on! After settling down in our room and putting Barney on for Maya, they begin all the taping of the probes at 7:30. It took an hour and a half. Maya screamed of course, but thankfully Barney and her new baby doll aided in the calming down tactics. I had her in my lap and she held her baby in her lap. It was funny because even though Maya was crying this entire time, she never forgot that her baby was taking a bottle and would continuously give the baby her bottle. 9 pm bedtime for both of us. She woke up a few times during the night freaking out, but all in all she did great. They woke us up at 6 am, took the probes off and headed home by 7. You can't see in the picture, but she had red marker all over her, in addition to the glue, so she went straight to the bathtub when we got home! About 1 week for the results.
1 comment:
I hope the results are great! Nicholas, too, had red marker in his hair and a bunch of sticky stuff. It was messy, but washed out really easily. I also wish we lived closer, I have a feeling our two kiddos would be good friends! :D
Post a Comment