Maya has gone from playing with her kitchen in her playroom to wanting to help us in the real kitchen. She says "can I help you" and it is a very sweet gesture. I really wish she could do more to help. One is age of course, but the other is her strength. Its hard for her to stir stuff, but we get by. I do alot of hand over hand and let her feel the motions. She loves it and we love spending the time together. Apparently she has been helping Yvonne make her eggs in the morning for a while - again, I blame this on working too much. Tonight, Maya and I were making a chocolate pie for her daddy. You will see in the picture the part of the pie she started to stir (by mistake). Oh well, it all tastes the same. Another one of the cupcakes we made for Yvonne's birthday.
I was putting Maya to bed tonight and I had to explain to her why I couldn't lay down with her. I said, who is going to have to clean up that mess we made in the kitchen? She said "ruth?". As in the housekeeper Ruth. Well Maya, aren't we getting used to the lifestyle? No, that would be mommy that has to clean up. Thank you very little!


No comments:
Post a Comment