As we are potty training Maya, I am happy and sad at the same time. I can't help but think about how she is not a baby anymore and as time passes, taking her to the bathroom is going to get harder and harder on us. It just gets me so sad thinking about how difficult it will be in public restrooms and I read about how other SMA families handle these situations. How is Maya ever going to have a sleepover - can she have a sleepover even without me or Charlie being there. You see - these are the types of thoughts I have lately. Potty training is supposed to be a good thing, but in our world its just a painful reminder about SMA.
We got her a special potty chair for her bathroom. She loves it and is able to color and play - not the intention, but at least she doesn't mind being on there. In fact, the shower door is like a mirror to her and like other little girls, she likes looking at herself in there and saying things like "your beautiful". Oh goodness!
No comments:
Post a Comment