Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Kaden's 4 months and growing, growing!

I see I haven't posted since his last monthly birthday. We've been a little busy with tax season :-(. Today Kaden turned 4 months old. He is just growing so much everyday. We had him weighed at the doctor's office last Thursday and he was 16.6 lbs. I can't keep up with his clothes. Everytime I finally get around to washing the next size clothes it seems he has already outgrown them. He is almost out of the 6 month sleepers and one piece outfits. He smiles everytime you look at him and just craves the next person to look at him, too. Its about that time that they need the entertainment since they know and see when there is someone in the room. The minute you leave, bam, waaaaaaa!! But he is still such a little cutie pie and so good. He eats between 5 and 5.5 ounces. He never did go back to sleeping through the night. Boo! He wakes up at 1 and 5 usually. Sometimes I get lucky and he will wait until 3 or 4 to wake up. I was just reading the 3 month birthday and it seems he is doing the same stuff. He sits in a bumbo now and likes the exercauser. We are phasing out the swing - he is actually too tall for it already. He enjoys being outside and looking around. He and Maya are proud owners of a new double umbrella stroller (yes, in red, Maya's favorite color).  Kaden isn't much of a napper when we are at home. As soon as he is in the car he usually sleeps but during the week when both kiddos are at home, he just doesn't want to nap unless you are holding him the entire time!
Might as well do an update for the last month. So I went up on my hours at work and have been working about everyday. CRAZY idea apparently because I have been so stressed out and swamped. The first week was great cause no sickness, had a night nanny, Charlie home in the evenings, etc. But the next week, lost the night nanny to a hernated disc, hired a third nanny and had to retrain again, and Charlie was either working late or traveling, leaving me to cook, clean up, put the kids to bed and then work from about 10-2 am. Like I said, crazy. I know it won't be like this forever so I just need to get through the next several weeks.

Update: At 4.5 months Kaden had his 4 month check up. He was 17 lb. 2 oz (78%) and 27 inches long (94%).

No comments: