Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Labor Day Weekend 2010

We started off Labor Day weekend by kicking off another Aggie football season. Charlie and I went to the game and Maya got to stay at the lake with her grandparents. The next day we had a fun get together with our friends and all the kiddos. It was a little crazy having all the kiddos but we all enjoyed a little pooltime and a BBQ. Maya had a great time and got to share all her toys in her playroom! Unfortunately I was so busy in the kitchen I didn't get any pictures!


Monday was the MDA Telethon. This year, we were invited to participate in the telethon by being one of the showcased families during the local broadcast. I mentioned this in an earlier blog but they came out to our house and taped Charlie, Maya and I about her diagnosis, living with SMA, and how the MDA helps us. We had to get there pretty early so Miss Maya wasn't exactly her perky self. At our broadcast time, they played our video and then were interviewed live by Lauren Freeman of Channel 2 news. Maya was a bit camera shy and just had a blank stare most of the time. We did finally get her to say bye to the cameras after the short interview. Lauren caught me by surprise with some of her questions, but hopefully we managed to come up with good responses. They didn't prepare us for what they would ask so we were a little nervous, too. We stayed for a picture with Lauren and Dominique Sachse (spelling?) and mingled with a few other families and sponsors. I guess Maya was a big hit because we got two invitations to attend fundraising events where they will show Maya's video and help promote the MDA.

No comments: