
On Friday I had to take Maya on a few errands since the nanny could not come. We were in the vicinity of Freebirds so I took a brave effort to take her there myself. The line was terribly long, but I was craving it so bad. I ordered Maya a quesadilla and got my regular burrito - cayenne tortilla with all the fixins and as hot as you could make it. Maya downs her quesadilla, even though I tried to make her pieces as small as possible so I could savour my burrito-eating. I didn't think there was a chance in the world that she would want what I was eating. I mean it had meat in it, green stuff, rice - all the stuff she doesn't like. Then she finally asked. "Mommy, I have it" as she pointed to my burrito. Now many of you may not know this, but Freebirds is just about the only place I do not want to share. I don't care who you are. I was very hesitant, but she looked so darn cute asking, I couldn't resist. She took one bite and she was hooked! Cayenne tortilla and all. Of course the next thing she asked was to "hold it" and puts her hands out. This is unconditional love, right. I handed it right on over. Goodbye burrito. Here is a picture of my Maya downing my hot and spicy Freebirds burrito.
4 comments:
That is awesome!! And yes, true love, Mom.
Hah! I cannot believe she ate that! She must have your mouth for hot stuff! And yes, I do NOT share well when we are there, but luckily (?) K will not eat anything that has any color in it (which implies veggies to her), so I'm in the clear. Even if she did, I honestly don't think I would though. Sad.
I love the pic! I can't believe how old she looks! Love her hair. Oh and that would pain me to share. :-)
I can totally appreciate this. :)
Post a Comment