Charlie, Maya, Valerie, Madi and I took a trip to Denver this past weekend. Charlie's aunt and grandmother live up there. We had been planning this trip since last February I think! It is no coincidence that it fell on the same weekend of Aggie football!
Thursday when we got there (and all our 10 pieces of luggage!) we had dinner out and unwinded at the house. Denise and Alan have 2 dogs. Jake and Priss. Maya of course had a ball with the dogs. Jake was a bit too exciting for her, but I think she still enjoyed all the attention he gave her.
Friday we headed to North Pole, CO. Home of Santa's Workshop. What a ball we had! They had all sorts of rides for the kids. Maya and Madi had so much fun and we did, too. It was a bit cold (we were in the mountains after all) so the girls were all bundled up. We decided not to take Maya on some of the rides that go in circles real fast and I'm glad we didn't because it got us all nauseous at some point. We also took some pictures with Santa and in front of Santa's house.
Saturday Charlie and I headed to Boulder for the A&M vs CU game while the rest of the clan stayed in Denver. All the girls visited Grandma and had a relaxing day. The A&M game was pretty exciting. Unfortunately, the Ags lost in the last 2 minutes of the game. How we gave up that lead I am still not sure. What a heartbreaker of a game. Believe it or not, Charlie recovered pretty quickly and managed not to let it affect the rest of his day (he's come a long way!). Charlie and I visited Grandma on the way back from Boulder and brought her back to Alan and Denise's house for a home cooked meal.
Sunday we packed our bags and looked for snow. It was time for a snowball fight. Luckily we didn't have to travel too far and found a great patch of snow right in front of the subdivision. We had a big snowball fight, Charlie and Madi seemed to be each other's target, and then some sledding. We didn't anticipate the sledding, but it just happened. I wanted to put Maya on the ground to take pictures of her in the snow, but I didn't want to put her directly on the snow. Do I take the fun out of it or what? So we used her rain cover from her stroller and put it on the ground. It was slipping and sliding everywhere. What better to do with it than sled. The video here says it all....
We are so glad that Val and Madi decided to join us. Maya and Madi play so well and love being with each other. There is often a meltdown from Maya when it is time to go and she has to say bye to Madi. Lots of tears. Oh the love for the cousins! It was a memorable weekend and we had a great time with family.


No comments:
Post a Comment