Maya woke up all gunky today and we did another neb treatment and more suctioning. I made an appt with Dr Bhakta for the morning. Although she sounded rough this morning, her oxygen levels are in tact and her lungs sound great. Hoping this stays in the head and doesn't get to her lungs. She was pretty tired the rest of the day, but she didn't have fever, so I still took her to PT today. She didn't perform as well, but she still got a good session out of it.
When we went to the pediatrician today, I found out some bad news. Dr Bhakta's nurse, Daradeth, was killed in a car accident last Saturday. She had one of her grandchildren in the car (who is still in a coma). I am still shocked. We really liked Daradeth. She is one of the only nurses that really took to Maya and learned about SMA. Her and I were planning on gift ideas for Dr Bhakta (I wanted to thank him for all he has done for us). She even gave me her cell phone number if we ever needed her on the weekend or nights. In fact, I was about to call her last night when we got home from dinner. She was going to help teach us how to use Maya's respiratory equipment, too. My heart goes out to her family and her 15-17 grandchildren. I will certainly miss seeing her when we go to the pediatrician.
The funnies
11 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment