Today was our KPMG March of Dimes kickoff. This will be our 3rd year walking to save babies. Pretty ironic that we started walking when I was pregnant and little did we know that it was for our own baby’s cause. SMA is actually one of the conditions they list on their website. Charlie and I had the opportunity to meet with one of the the ambassador families, the Leibhams. Their son has Pfeiffer Syndrome. Just when we think we have it rough, this boy has endured 31 surgeries. His parents were told he would only live hours after birth, but here we had met him yesterday and celebrated his 2nd birthday with him. We had a really nice conversation with them and it turns out that we have the same pediatrician! If you would like to sponsor Charlie, Maya and I on April 26th, please visit our websites at:
http://www.marchforbabies.org/sapnapringle, and
http://www.marchforbabies.org/cpringle
During our meeting, I needed a babysitter. Who better than the boss’s wife. Ray, my partner at KPMG, found out I was bringing Maya to the office and he called his wife, Elba, to come babysit. Elba got to play grandma – I think Ray played grandpa – and the others got to come by and peek. Its tax season, so a baby in the office is quite a disruption. Maya had a great time and sure was showing off that Best Smile. We finally got a few “uh oh”s and “whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa”s out of her. Maya entertained the crowd for 3 ½ hours! Needless to say, Miss Maya fell fast asleep before I even got on the freeway! Sorry no pictures. I've been bad about that lately. She looked super cute today though!
The funnies
11 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment