Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Kaden's first week and Pediatrician visit

Kaden is doing well. In his first week he has managed to pee on everyone and everything. Charlie and I are exhausted from all the clean up! Nothing was more priceless than the look on Maya's face when he peed on her. She looked up at me and said "mommy, he peed on me". Other than that, he is easy...cries when he is hungry. Doesnt cry for much anything else except a bath or a cold wipee. The longest he has slept through the night so far was 5 hours. Woohoo! He only did that one night though. Occasionnally I have gotten 4 hours straight which I am very thankful for. Charlie is helping out alot and waking up to change diapers or burp him. Gigi gave Kaden his first bath. I thought I could do it myself but I was scared like with Maya. Not sure why. Oh well, Gigi enjoyed getting the honor to do it :)

1st pediatrician visit for Kaden went very well. He has already gained back all the weight he lost in the hospital so we got a free pass for going back for another visit until he is 2 months. Not surprising considering how much he is eating! We did have to get his heel stuck for the newborn screening, but I think he only cried about a minute. Here are his stats at 10 days old:

81%  for length
27%  for head
39%  for weight

A few days afer the newborn screening we were called back to retest Kaden's thyroid. It was abnormal. I didn't realize how serious it was until the doc got me all scared. Happy to say that after a very long 24 hours of waiting for the test results, his thyroid levels came back normal. But we have to test it again soon and make sure he is eating well and gaining weight.

We had Kaden tested (for the third time) for SMA and we are thrilled to triple confirm that he does not have SMA. The IVF/PGD process was worth every penny and we are so lucky to have the technology available to have a healthy baby.

No comments: