Wednesday, July 28, 2010

June/July recap

SMA Conference in San Jose, CA:
Click here for the blog post on that trip.

Mid-Pregnancy Ultrasound:
On June 29th we had our 20 week ultrasound. I was "invited" back to the same doctor who did the CVS test. He does a level 2 scan so I was happy to skip my OB's machine! The doctor we went to is all business and he does his own scans so the only pictures we got to take home was the boy part and his abdomen. But it was an exciting time for Charlie to be able to see the baby nonetheless. We actually saw the baby punch me and then we saw my tummy raise. Very neat to see what he was actually doing. Here I thought it was kicks but just a swift punch to my belly. He's gonna be a fiesty one! He gave the baby a thumbs up on health so far so we are happy to hear that. Its funny how Charlie and I are so much more concerned about the health more than getting an ultrasound. At Maya's 20 week it was all about finding out the gender that we didn't realize at the time the important of that scan.

Sleep Study:
Maya had another sleep study on July 1st to get fitted for her BiPap breathing machine. It was a horrible experience to say the least and I don't even want to share the pictures of what she looked like. She was miserable and woke up screaming every 30 minutes. Being pregnant and sleeping with your 2 year in a twin size bed all night isn't my idea of fun either. About a week later I find out that the equipment wasn't hooked up to give all the correct data so they needed us to go back. Uh....no. Not for like a LONG time. Luckily, I learned my lesson from all the previous issues with the doctors and hospitals and called her pulmonologist directly. It turns out he got enough data and had already ordered the BiPap. Don't you just love the lack of communication! I am so glad I didn't put her through that awful study again after just a week.

MDA taping:
On July 16th, reps from the local Muscular Dystrophy Assoc chapter came by with a camera man to interview Charlie, Maya and I. We had been asked if we wanted to be one of the families spotlighted on the Jerry Lewis Telethon this Labor Day. This is their local broadcast. We were asked about her diagnosis, how our lives changed and our daily routines. They didn't ask Maya much but just videotaped her playing with her toys and just pushing herself around. It should air on Labor Day and they asked us to come in for a live spot during the telethon too. Pretty neat! We'll be sure to let everyone know when it will air.

Other stuff going on:
Maya has been spending lots of time with her Nani Raj and Papa John in July. I think she's gone over there 3 weekends in one month! Most of our fun blogging material is during the weekend so I am missing out a little. We have Friday's off again from therapy so been trying to do fun things like go to the park, swimming and eating out for lunch together. I want to enjoy this one on one time with my Maya Bean before "baby brudder" arrives this November! I am busy trying to get weekends planned to visit family in Corsicana and Austin, friends in Dallas and a trip to San Antonio. So many fun updates to come I hope!

Pregnancy story on Baby #2:
Click here for the post.

Pictures from June and July: Click here
And don't forget to see the latest videos: Click here

2 comments:

Jessica said...

My goodness, you've been busy! I'm glad that Maya didn't have to do a second sleep study...those are never fun! I'm also glad to hear that your pregnancy is going well. I hear you on the lifting thing-the farther along I get the more difficult it is to life Nicholas. I will be happy to have this baby in the next 5-8 weeks!

Summer said...

So glad to see updates. I love the new pic at the top! Can't wait to see you all in about a month!